Monday, August 30, 2010

More Happiness in the Mail

Late last week I received a little package filled with fun stuff. Leisel, over at Brown Paper Packages, sent me eight fat quarters of vintage sheet fabric. It was a thank you for participating in the So You Think You Can Quilt contest she held. Thanks, Leisel, I just love the fabrics and look forward to creating something with it. I had a great time participating in the contest and love my parting gift.


This was an unusually good Monday morning. When I arrived at work there was mail waiting for me. It's my quilt from the August/September Mini QT Swap on flickr. The theme was books. My partner and I gave each other the names of a few kids' books that we like and we set about making a quilt for each other. Ruth used If You Give a Pig a Pancake as inspiration for my quilt and it is just the cutest thing!

Here's a close-up of the little piggie. Such a mischeivous little guy. The workmanship is gorgeous and it's such a fun little quilt.

Ruth also included a copy of the book (now I don't have to share with Cassidy), a beautiful bookmark she made, a pencil & topper (which reminds me of If You Give a Moose a Muffin).

Now I've just got to get to work on the quilt I'm making for Ruth...stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment